I like to keep cold salads in the fridge during the summer. It makes meal time so much faster and easier. All I have to do is prepare the main course and add the cold salads for sides. One of my favorites is a three-bean salad NOT like the original. I never liked the original because I don’t want sweet on my vegetables, and the early salads were drowning in a clear sweet liquid of some kind.
I learned this recipe from a friend a long time ago (thanks, Peggy).
- Drain and rinse one 14 oz. can each of green beans, wax beans, and red kidney beans.
- Clean and slice several green onions (use the whole onion).
- Clean and break into small florets about half of a cauliflower.
- Mix together all of the above.
- Pour in a generous amount of your favorite Italian Dressing.
- Toss vegetables in dressing until well coated (more is better).
- Refrigerate 3-4 hours (overnight is even better).
I made a batch just today. I cut the onions and cauliflower into much smaller pieces than I prefer because my hubby is missing a few teeth. But if you have plenty of teeth, leave the onion slices and cauliflower a little bigger. Happy eating!
- White Bean and Spinach Salad (desertzen.wordpress.com)
- Easy Spring Salad with Strawberries and Green Beans in Balsamic Dressing (freestylefashion.info)
- Chopped Salad Recipe with Sugar Snap Peas, Jicama, Radishes, Tomatoes, and Green Garbanzo Beans (kalynskitchen.blogspot.com)
- Healthified Bean Salad (dishinaboutnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Jennifer’s Bean salad Recipe (renees6weekjournal.wordpress.com)